top of page
On the Phone


In response to recent developments and guidance relating to the spread of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), and in consideration of the health and safety of residents and employees, the Conyers Housing Authority main office will be closed to the public until further notice. We will continue to monitor developments and guidance related to this current situation and make adjustments as needed.

  • Q. What forms and documents do I need in order to apply for housing?
    A. After completing the on-line application, please provide the following: Birth Certificate for all members of your household Social Security Card for all members of your household Government-Issued Picture ID for all household members (age 16 and older) You will also need to visit the rental office to complete the following forms: HUD Authorization for Release of Information for all household members (age 18 and older) Criminal History Consent Form for all adult household members (age 18 and older) Out-of-State Criminal History Consent Form for all household members (age 18 and older)
  • Q.  How do I apply for Section 8?
    A. Conyers Housing Authority does not participate in the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program. For more information please visit the Housing Choice Voucher Program website for more detials. We are strictly public housing, which means we rent our own apartments where rent is based on income.
  • Q.  Do I have to have a job to live there?
    A. Preference is given to those applicants who work, unless you are elderly or disabled or handicapped. Residents that do not work at least 30 hours per week are required by law to participate in community service/self-sufficiency activities.
  • Q.  How long is the waiting list?
    A. There is no way to tell the length of the waiting list. We have a limited number of apartments available, and we usually have short notice of move-outs.
  • Q.  What is the term of my lease, and what kind of move out notice do I have to give?"
    A. Leases run month-to- month, therefore, you are only required to give a fifteen day written move-out notice.
  • Q.  Do you have to live in Conyers/Rockdale County to apply?
    A. No. However, preference is given to residents of Rockdale and those who work in Rockdale.
  • Q.  How old do you have to be to apply?
    A. You must be 18 years of age or older.
  • Q.  Can you transfer from another housing authority?
    A. No. You must apply with us and get on the waiting list.
  • Q.  Do you always take applications?
    A. Depending upon the number of applications currently on file we may close the waiting list. Notices and updates regarding the opening and closing of the waiting list will be posted on our website and Facebook page. Click here to like us on Facebook.
  • Q.  Where are the apartments located?
    A. They are scattered throughout Rockdale County, mostly in the city of Conyers. All are within five miles of the office.
  • Q.  How much is the rent? What is rent based on?
    A. Rent is based on 30% of the gross household income.
  • Q.  What can keep someone from qualifying?
    A. Some things that can keep you from qualifying are if you owe another landlord, utility company, government or municipality, are past due on a student loan or owe back child support. Past rent paying history is also considered. Also, if you have a criminal history you may not qualify.
  • Q.  Do the apartments have central air conditioning?
    A. Yes. At the present time all of our apartments have central air conditioning.
  • Q. Do the apartments have washer/dryer connections?
    A. All apartments have washer connections, and only a few apartments have dryer outlets and vents. All apartments have clotheslines which we maintain.
  • Please Read the Pre-Approval Application Procedures
  • Please Read the Admissions Policy for Conyers Housing Authority
bottom of page