top of page

Resources for College Students

The Federal Pell Grant Program

The Federal Pell Grant Program provides grants to low-income undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students to promote access to postsecondary education. Federal Pell Grants are grants awarded to students who have not received a bachelor's degree or who are enrolled in qualifying post-baccalaureate programs for teacher certification. Unlike student loans, Federal Pell Grants do not need to be paid back. Students may not receive Federal Pell Grant funds from more than one school at a time.

If you are eligible for Federal Pell Grants, the amount you receive depends on your:

  • Financial need

  • Cost of attending the college or university

  • Status as a full-time or part-time student

  • Plans to attend school for a full academic year or less

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an application used by virtually all two and four-year colleges, universities, and career schools for awarding federal, state, and college-funded student aid. To be eligible, you must meet all the following requirements:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen

  • Have a valid Social Security Number (unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau)

  • Register with Selective Service if you are a male and 18 to 25 years old. Go to the Selective Service System website for more information

  • Have a high school diploma, a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or pass an exam approved by the U.S. Department of Education

  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program at a participating school

  • Not have a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while receiving federal student aid

  • Other requirements may apply. Contact your school's financial aid office for more information.

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program funds part-time employment for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need. FWS helps students earn money to help pay post-secondary education costs. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student's course of study. The total award depends on when the student applies, the level of need, and the funding level of the school.

To qualify for the Federal Work-Study Program, you must be a student pursuing a post-secondary education degree or certificate. Hourly wages must not be less than the federal minimum wage. Students may be employed by an institution; a federal, state, or local public agency; a private nonprofit organization; or a private for-profit organization. is here to help you find the resources you need to meet your educational goals. To find additional benefits, we recommend taking the Benefit Finder questionnaire to help determine your eligibility for over 1,000 assistance programs.

43 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page